Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Alpha-blocks

Today is day four of the Papertrey Ink countdown, as well as Design Team Group Post day. For today's assignment, Nichole has asked us to create a project using the new Alpha-blocks (available the last day of the countdown, April 15th). I love this unique, fresh and modern take on the typical alphabet set. It's so my style! I've been having fun stamping these Alpha-blocks in a myriad of colors and pairing the letters with words to create the perfect greeting. Here's is what I came up with...This first card pairs both Background Basics: Chevron Stripes, Make A Wish and Make A Wish Additions with Alpha-blocks. I stamped the boldest chevron stripe in True Black along the bottom of a white card base.
Stamped the Alpha-blocks in Ripe Avocado, Summer Sunrise and Stormy Sky Distress Ink into Alpha-blocks die cuts to say "Happy". Then using a couple sentiments from Make A Wish & Make A Wish Additions I was able to complete the phrase "Happy 2nd Birthday". To finish the card off, I topped the "H" with a present bow and embellished with a True Black button.This next card pairs Make A Wish & Make A Wish Additions again with Alpha-blocks, creating the phrase "You're 7... Happy Birthday" into a cake. I die cut the edge of the stamped panel with an Edgers #1 Die. Die cut a second edge and then traced twice, with a marker, for added detail.

Also from Make A Wish, I stamped the cake stand and candles in True Black. Embellished with a flower from Up, Up & Away, a tiny flower from the new Tag-it's #3 (available April 15), a felt Flower Fusion #3 felt flower and Stickles glitter.

See what I mean?! So my style and I'm loving it!

For even more Alpha-block fun, stop by and check out what the rest of the Design Team has up their sleeves...



    Thanks for stopping by, have a great one!


    Maile



    Happy 2nd Birthday:



    • Stamps: Background Basics: Chevron Stripes, Alpha-blocks, Make A Wish & Make A Wish Additions

    • Ink: True Black, Ripe Avocado, Summer Sunrise & Stormy Skys Ranger Distress Ink

    • Cardstock: White

    • Accessories: True Black Vintage Button & Alpha-blocks Die

    You're 7... Happy Birthday:



    • Stamps: Alpha-blocks, Make A Wish, Make A Wish Additions, Up, Up & Away & Tag-it's #3

    • Ink: True Black, Summer Sunrise, Berry Sorbet & Smoky Shadow Distress Ink

    • Cardstock: True Black & White

    • Accessories: True Black Felt, True Black Vintage Buttons, White Embroidery Floss, Stickles Glitter Glue, Edgers #1 Die Collection & Flower Fusion #3 Die

    16 comments:

    1. Wow, Maile! So pretty! Love the black & white card especially... so clever! :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. Duh, they're both B&W... Lol! I meant the second one. :) Though, they're both a delight! :)

      ReplyDelete
    3. I am SO in LOVE with Chevron Stripes - I LOVE all the design possibilities it offers! Thank you Maile!!

      ReplyDelete
    4. I like the fun way you added the age to the second card!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Oh, gosh.... just about decided that I wouldn't order these alpha blocks, because I thought they might be too big for cards and then you show these beauties, ha ha!! Oeh, love these cards! And perfect for combining with those Make a wish stamps!.... back on the wish list then..... ha ha!!
      Hugs, Wendy

      ReplyDelete
    6. Love, love these birthday cards and the way you incorporated so many PTI stamps and supplies into them. Great projects! :)

      ReplyDelete
    7. The cards are so cute - love the whimsical nature of the 2nd card. Thanks for sharing :)

      ReplyDelete
    8. Adorable cards! I love how you did that cake with the mix of sentiments!!

      ReplyDelete
    9. Oh my goodness! You do know how to take the most basic things and make them pop! Love the cards, especially the 7th birthday card. So lovely, Maile.

      ReplyDelete
    10. Love what you did. Very clever! Thanks.

      ReplyDelete
    11. Very creative cards! Love the use of the blocks as a cake! So Clever!

      ReplyDelete
    12. FABULOUS CAS cards, Maile!!! I LOVE how you mixed and matched various PTI stamp sets with the new alpha blocks!! Thanks for the inspiration!

      ReplyDelete
    13. GREAT cards!! LOVE the designs!! (=

      ReplyDelete
    14. I like them both but the second one - FABULOUS!

      ReplyDelete
    15. Your work is amazing! I check your site everyday...thought I was a follower all this time but just realized I wasn't on your list. Not sure what happened but so glad I signed up again...love, love, love your work.

      Arlene.
      http://waterdots.blogspot.com/

      ReplyDelete

     
    BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS