Saturday, May 12, 2012

On The Farm

Hello and welcome to the third day of the Papertrey Ink May Countdown and the first Design Team group post. Today's post is all about the new On The Farm Collection, which includes On the Farm, Background Basics: Farm & Barn, Chicken Wire Impression Plate and Shape Up Series: Barn Die.  I used a few of these items to create a couple cards for you today.  Let me get started...

First up, a thank you card.  I began by stamping a line up of barn yard animals along the bottom edge of a cardstock panel.  All in a color combo of Lemon Tart, Canyon Clay & Melon Berry.
For a bit of added texture and interest I chose to impress the focal image panel with the Chicken Wire Impression Plate.  I can't recall ever doing this technique, of impressing over a stamp focal point, but I'm delighted with the way it turned out.
Then finished the card off with a sentiment, button and twine.
Next, a funny farm birthday card.  I began by stamping the right side of a Rustic White card base with the woodgrain stamp strip, from Background Basics: Farm & Barn, in Soft Stone ink.
Die cut the farm animals from kraft cardstock, stacked one on top of the other and then attached with dimensional adhesive.
Then, for a pop of color I finished the card off with an On The Farm sentiment strip stamped in Canyon Clay.

Well, there you have it.  I hope you've enjoyed! Just remember that the entire On The Farm Collection is available begining May 15, at Papertrey Ink. Now, be sure to see what the rest of the Papertrey Ink design team has in store for you today...
Thanks so much for stopping by!

Maile




Many Thanks Card:
InLinkz.com


Herd It's Your Birthday! Card:

20 comments:

  1. Maile - I love what you did with this set - how clever to stack the animals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really sweet cards! Hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards! Love the tower of farm animals! Laughed out loud at that one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards, Maile! I especially love your stack of kraft farm animals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely done! The Kraft animal tower is great and the chicken wire impression over the stamped animals looks fantastic. I was very interested in how you were going to take these farm animals and make a card that was distinctly you. I must say that I am impressed. :) But then again I am always impressed with everything you make!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely awesome cards!!! I just love the animals stacked on top of each other!!! What a great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, LOVE your tower of farm animals, and that they are all in kraft paper ... so striking!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these cards! Simple and sweet! I am gonna have to get these stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable cards... I just have to get this whole set!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic cards! I get Nichole's blog feed the day after, so I hadn't seen this set as yet. SOOOO cute and the stacked chipboard animals card is the cutest ever! TFS your creativity with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely love those stacked animals and can't wait to totally CASE that card...
    I just die!!
    Love, love, love!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The chicken wire impression looks great over the stamped images. Your stacked animals are a riot though. Both cards are terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love, love, love the card with all the animals stacked up! Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love love this new animal set!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your farm creations, very unique and appealing. Great kraft cutouts, cute layout and love how you embossed the white one with the stamped images. Very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Simple yet elegant! Another reason to purchase this set!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my gosh - I LOVE the tower of farm animals ans uch a prefect senitment :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Maile! I just love the simplicity of your cards!!!
    The farmyard animals standing on top of each other is
    fantastic (and everybody would love that bit of whimsy!!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Maile! I just love the simplicity of your cards!!!
    The farmyard animals standing on top of each other is
    fantastic (and everybody would love that bit of whimsy!!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE this set Maile, and what you did with it! My sister loves animals, and we raise chickens and ducks, so I really want to get it :) Your second card is amazing! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS