Thursday, November 1, 2012

Mazel Tov Revisited

Hey everyone! Thanks for joining me today, for the November Papertrey Ink Senior DT challenge. This time around we are bringing back Mazel Tov and Mozel Tov Additions!
 
Our challenge... to create two projects. One should be geared towards Hanukkah specifically and the other should be for an alternate Jewish holiday. What a great experience this has been, getting to know the Jewish customs and traditions. I've made a couple cards that I think will be appropriate for celebrating these holidays that are steeped so richly in tradition. 
 
Take a look... 
First up, Hanukkah...  Using the menorah image, I stamped it onto a large block of white cardstock in enchanted evening, blueberry skies and spring rain.
I stamped the sentiment onto a white card base.  Cut the stamped block into two pieces and attached the sections above and below the sentiment, using dimensional adhesive.  Then finished the card off with a few blue rhinestones (which came from my Studio Calico Sock Hop card kit).
Next up, a card perfect for tucking into a Mishloach Manot basket for Purim.  This was my original intention, when first creating this card, but the more I look at it I think it would suit a number of other Jewish holidays or occasions.
To let these pretty images shine, I opted to layer a few of them together to create a stunning focal point on a one layer card.  I used plum pudding, raspberry fizz and black inks.  Then finished the card off with a few black rhinestones.

Well, that's it from me today. Now be sure to visit the other Papertrey Ink senior design team girls for more Mazel Tov and Mozel Tov Additions goodness...
Thanks for stopping by today!

Maile



Happy Hanukkah Card
InLinkz.com


Love Heath Peace Card

3 comments:

  1. Your projects are gorgeous and so inspirational. I am always looking for more ideas for this set--one of the first I ever bought from PTI. And, I love your Hebrew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice cards! I especially like the colors and design of the love, health, peace card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Maile and elegantly done :)

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS