Saturday, April 13, 2013

Big Ticket Basics

Hello and welcome to the fourth day of the Papertrey Ink April countdown and the first Design Team group post. Today's group post is all about showcasing the new Big Ticket Basics.  This set is so much fun!  Not only does this set include fun super-sized tickets, but very useful extra images as well.  

Take a look...
I've got two special projects to share with you today.  First up, the card.  My focus for today is this "Hooray" ticket, which I love.  I played up the fun angle by leveling out the sentiment before stamping, giving the ticket an unexpected slanted look.  Love it!
After stamping the "Hooray" ticket I used a stripy filler image (which coordinates with another ticket from the same set) and repeatedly stamped it in a color combo of light blue, orange and melon.  After the entire pattern was stamped, I trimmed the edge by hand and attached it to the a card base using dimensional adhesive.
Using my card as inspiration I created a layout.  These type of projects are not my norm, but every time I challenge myself to do so, I end up enjoying it.
Again, the same ticket treatment as above.  :)
Just A Note:  The hand stamped pattern for this layout focuses more on the light blue color, with small pops of the orange and melon.  Doing so keeps the stamping simple (by not having to constantly switch between ink pads) and makes things interesting (by using and unexpected pattern of color).
Then finished the layout with a coordinating topper (above the photo) and an added touch of matching enamel dots.  :)

So what do you think?!  I'm feeling kind of good about my layouts these day.  If only there was enough time in the day to keep it up.


Well, that's all I've got for you today. Just remember... Big Ticket Basics stamp set and coordinating product will be available for purchase through Papertrey Ink, beginning April 15th.
 
Now, be sure to see what the rest of the Papertrey Ink design team has in store for you today...
Thanks so much for stopping by!

Maile




Supplies Used...

5 comments:

  1. Loving your projects!! The way you used the stamps looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reeeediculous. (I mean that in a good way, of course. Angling the image like that and then cutting around it like that? And using the filler image to make your pattern? This is why I love you.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesomeness!! The way you trimmed the edge of the ticket panel is wicked cool and I love how it translated to your layout. Someday, I hope I can create layouts like this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love how you angled the ticket! Great layout!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS