Friday, April 12, 2013

Sketched Shapes Day Three

Hi there! Just popping in quickly for day three of the Papertrey Ink countdown to share a few more samples using the latest additions to my Stamping Simply lineup... Sketched Shapes and its coordinating die.  Be sure to visit Nichole Heady for a look a the die and also some wonderful samples she has whipped up with my new set.

So, let me get right to it...
First up, another look at the same triangle I showed you yesterday.  I stamped the small triangle in a random pattern using a fun color combo of soft pink, mint, orange and black.
Here's A Note:  The light pink triangles were stamped on coordinating die cuts which were cut from white shimmer paper, giving this card a bit of shimmer. 
This happy little number utilizes the same strip stamp from my previous countdown post here.  Stamping a portion of the strip three times in a colorful grouping.
To coordinate with this happy sentiment, I affixed a fun little chipboard sticker from the Studio Calico Snippets line.  Here's A Note:  For an added bit of dimension, I popped up the cut out portions of this chipboard camera using tiny bits of dimensional adhesive.
Up next, a little bit of glitz and shimmer.  I pulled out my gold ink pad to stamp this pretty sketchy pattern, using the same stamp image as on the card above.
Here's How:  Before hand stamping the pattern I hand cut a sentiment mask (from a post-it-note), attached it into place, stamped the pattern strip repeatedly and then carefully removed it to reveal a perfectly clean spot to stamp the sentiment.  Then finished the card off with a few tiny stars, die cut from gold shimmer cardstock using a new die (more on this die to come, via Nichole Heady's blog).

Well, that's all I've got for you today. Just remember... this stamp sets will be available for purchase through Papertrey Ink, beginning April 15th. In the mean time, I'd love to know what you think so far, so please feel free to share!


Now, be sure to visit Nichole Heady & Jessica Witty for more peeks.  Also, Heather NicholsDawn McVey, Melissa Bickford & Lizzie Jones have peeks to share with you of their newest sets for the month.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Maile



Happy Birthday Card...


You Make Me Smile Card...

Hello My Friend Card...

25 comments:

  1. LOVE this new set and the way the 'sketch-i-ness' allows images to be layered and colors to overlap without looking 'muddy'. So trendy...love your inspiration with it! Congrats on another great one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really loving sketched shapes! Thanks for the the masking tip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this set. The colors you can achieve by overlapping the images will be fun to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous cards - love all the geometricness - made that word up (obviously) - LOL! Brilliant set, Maile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great examples. Seeing so many possibilities with this versatile set.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delightful! These are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This set is stunning - thanks for creating such a gorgeous set! And I love the font combos you've been coming up with lately!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew you'd blow me away with these stamps! I love everything you make.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great stamps - endless possibilities! Love the cards you have created!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this set, thanks so much for creating it! The sketchiness really looks wonderful, especially with how you and Nichole used them!!! Fun with different angles and designs and some popped up! I'm thinking they will need to be on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE this set!! And the ideas you're come up with are amazing! I can't wait to getting hands in them! April 15 can't come soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOWZERS, Maile!!! This set looks AMAZING! Love your samples too! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have to admit I wasn't too sure about this set from the peeks but the more samples I see I am loving it! Your talent is so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the sketched shapes & your ideas

    ReplyDelete
  15. SUPER ..love the stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  16. AWESOME!!!Love your cards,Very pretty,Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The more I see, the more I know I need this set!! Amazing cards Maile!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lining up those triangles in your first card looks pretty tricky but dynamite results. Your are the queen of shapes as shown with this release. Eager to see more in the days ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love geometric shapes and the modern look of these.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful cards! Another amazing set with endless possibilities! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. You always make the simple look so incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your style & love your stamp sets!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS