Saturday, July 13, 2013

Ultimate Birthday Inspiration

Hello and welcome to the fourth day of the Papertrey Ink July countdown and the first Design Team group post. Today's group post is all about showcasing this months new birthday product which includes Inside & Out: Birthday II, Bitty Background Blocks, By the Numbers Border dies, Suffix Style dies, By the Number Mats dies, Rainbow Stripes dies and Rainbow Circles dies.  What a wonderful compilation of birthday essentials this month has in store!  I've had a ton of fun playing with it all and I have a ton to share with you today.  Let me get started...
First up, a look at the Rainbow Stripes dies.  I cut the stripes from two pattern papers.  One being a bit more busy than the other to stand out as the focal stripe.
Stamped a pattern paper circle with an Inside & Out: Birthday II sentiment and finished the card off with a few sequins.
This time I rotated the strips for a more upright stance and die cut them from pattern paper and cardstock.
Topped the strips with a sentiment strip (also from the Inside & Out: Birthday II set) and rhinestones.
Up next, Bitty Background Blocks and the Suffix Style dies.  I began by stamping a trio of background blocks in a cool color combo.
I then impressed the By the Numbers Border dies across the card front and attached the number and suffix (after a good coat of Glossy Accents) with dimensional adhesive.
Here's a fun use for the By the Numbers Border dies, I simply die cut the numbers and stamped each with the stripy Bitty Background Blocks image.
And finished it off with a bold black sentiment circle, from the Inside & Out: Birthday II set.
Last but not least... again with the Bitty Background Blocks.  I just love these patterns!  I stamped die cut balloons (cut using the Balloon Bash dies), drew by hand the strings and embellished with rhinestones. 
I finished the card off with sentiment strips, from the Inside & Out: Birthday II set.

Well, that concludes my look at this months birthday products. Just remember... these stamp sets and dies will be available for purchase through Papertrey Ink, beginning July 15th

Now, be sure to see what the rest of the Papertrey Ink design team has in store for you today...
Thanks so much for stopping by!

Maile



Happy Birthday Stripe Card...

A Whole Lot Of Happy Card... Happy 7th Card... Wish Big Card... Wishes Card...

17 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards!!! I love them all, but the Rainbow Stripes layered over one another is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all fantastic Maile! I especially like the first two striped creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Maile - it is always such a delightful surprise to visit and see the uniqueness you create! LOVE, the use of patterned papers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All are so very, very cute. Thanks for the whole bunch of cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to hurry over here to see your first card in its entirety. It's truly perfect with its mix of pattern and scale. And I love the placement of the sequins. You make it look so effortless, something I have trouble with. Enough gushing.
    Thanks for showing some different ways to use the number border day. After reading the size of the die, I admit to being annoyed that it wasn't designed to fit all numbers on an A2 card. Your cards show me how to get around that without looking like they're trying to get around that. Fabulous cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yowza woman. How prolific can you get. I don't know where to start. Suffice it to say, I'm in awe of your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW MAILE!!!!!!! YOU NEVER cease to AMAZE!!!!! :) I COULD HAVE used these ideas & dies THIS PAST WEEK with Summer Card Camp!!LOL SUPER WORK!!!!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, not 2 but 5 amazing cards, each one notable in itself. great job, Maile. Wish I had half as much talent as you do!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I grow up I want to make cards as beautiful as the ones Maile does!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are right, Maile, these are birthday essentials. "Specially love the striped numerals.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Always a huge fan of your work, but you've really outdone yourself this time! That second upright card is so cool I can't stand it. Very Art Deco.

    ReplyDelete
  13. As usual your cards are fantastic. You make it look so easy and I am finding that it is not. Why. Perfect birthday set. SO Modern, So Chic

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW you totally rocked that number border die <3

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS